New location, new season, but the same great tail-wagging event!
You won’t want to miss this fun, family friendly fall day at the ballpark – with or without a pet.
- Schedule: Registration + Vendor Booths Open – 8:30am
Opening Ceremonies – 9:45am
Parade of adoptable dogs- approximately 10am
Strutting begins immediately after Opening Ceremonies (around 10:30 am). The walk route is approximately 1.2 miles and will take place outside of the stadium.
Walkers will exit the stadium using the gate in the outfield along the first base line. walk along West Washington street and loop around back to the main stadium entrance off of West St.
Costume Contest – 12pm. Categories: Cutest Costume, Most Creative, Owner & Pet Look A Like, Funniest
We’ll keep the party going until 2 pm with: food trucks, live entertainment sponsored by GEICO & Rock Garage, face painting, VIP area for top fundraisers and sponsors, stilt walkers, caricature artists, pet costume contest, photo booths & more!
- All who pre-register will receive this year’s shirt featuring Top Dog Sonny. Each human participant age 3 and over needs to register to attend; kiddos under 2 years of age do not need to register. Day-of registrants may receive a shirt as sizes and supplies last. Strutters can also pre-order exclusive IndyHumane merch for pick up at Mutt Strut.
- Do I need to register my pet? Each human needs to register; you do not need to register your pet. You may bring as many pets as you can safely walk. Please remember that all pets must be on a maximum 6 foot, non-retractable leash and harness or collar (no prong, shock, or chain collars) for their own safety and the safety of others. It may be best for cats to be contained inside a covered stroller.
- What happens if it rains? Mutt Strut is a rain or shine event. Please dress yourself and your pet accordingly. In the event that Mutt Strut is cancelled due to weather or other safety concerns, registration fees are non-refundable. We will post updates on our website and social media should the event have to be canceled due to inclement weather.
- COVID-19 safety information: IndyHumane requires that all Mutt Strut attendees and volunteers follow established safety protocols including physical distancing, contactless registration, hand sanitizing stations and more. Vaccinated attendees are encouraged to wear a mask, while those who are unvaccinated are required to wear a mask. Masks will be available on-site. Please do not attend Mutt Strut if you are not feeling well or have symptoms, irrespective of your vaccine status. If you have a condition that weakens your immune system or take certain medications, you may need to take extra precautions even if you are fully vaccinated, as instructed by your doctor. We are continuing to closely monitor CDC, state and local guidelines to ensure Mutt Strut adheres to recommendations and is safe for attendees.
- Parking: There are several free or inexpensive parking options near Victory Field:
- Government Center Garage
50 S. Missouri Street
0.12 miles, 3- minute walk
- White River State Park Garage
800 W. Washington Street
0.24 miles, 5-minute walk
- White River State Park Surface Lot
800 W. Washington Street
0.15 miles, 3- minute walk
- Convention Center Lot A
327 S. Missouri Street
0.2 miles, 4-minute walk
- Circle Centre Mall Garage
146 W. Maryland Street
0.38 miles, 7-minute walk