In addition to being a day of fun for you and your pet, Mutt Strut is also IndyHumane’s biggest fundraising event of the year – and we need your help! You’ve made the commitment to help the animals at the shelter by walking in Mutt Strut; ask your friends, neighbors, co-workers and relatives to help out, too.
Fundraising is easier than you may think! All it takes is remembering to mention it to as many people as you can, showing them how easy it is to donate, and explaining that every dollar makes a difference to an animal in need.
Your gifts can help change the lives of the thousands of animals we care for each year. Your fundraising can help us with the following:
- $10 – Microchip one animal
- $25 – Provide adoption counseling to successfully match an animal with a family
- $60 – Spay/neuter one animal
- $100 – Provide dental cleaning and polishing for one animal
- $250 – Fund blood work and urinalysis for an older dog or cat
- $500 – Pay to x-ray and splint an animal’s broken leg
- $2,000 – Feed all animals in the shelter for one month
- Ask 10 friends for $10 (or, ask them to skip a lunch out or their usual coffee run)
- Set out an IndyHumane donation box at your desk
- Ask your company if you can have a jeans day or a bake sale with your co-workers; jeans day can be a $5 donation per person…it will add up quickly!
- Mention you are part of Mutt Strut on Facebook, Twitter and other social media with a link to the Mutt Strut homepage or the donate page; people can search for you and donate in your name!
- Enter the Top Dog contest and your dog could be the Mutt Strut 2013 Ambassa-dog! After you register for the event, log in to the participant center to upload a photo of your dog and ask all your friends and family to support your adorable dog
- Check with your employer’s HR representative to see if your company offers matching gift funds to double your donation, or if you can make a quick pitch at your next meeting
- Once you register, use the email function within the participant center to ask family and friends for their support
- Download our offline donation tracking form and keep it with you at all times – you never know who you might see in your day!
NEED MORE TIPS? Download this list for easy-to-use ideas, and watch this page for more quick-use guides and templates to help with your fundraising.