In addition to the fun of walking around the Track, you’ll have the opportunity to visit with our sponsors, see some great demonstrations, and much more! The traffic and parking around Indianapolis Motor Speedway can take some time to navigate so please allow yourself enough time to arrive and join the fun!
9:30am // Gates and registration open!
• Participants should enter from 30th Street; please see the 2013 Cheat Sheet!
9:30am-3:30pm // Visit our Party on the Plaza!
• Sponsor booths including dog treats, pet food, dog resorts, and much, much more!
• Low-cost microchipping and registration by the Humane Society of Indianapolis
• IndyHumane Re-Tail Store, featuring one-of-a-kind Mutt Strut and IndyHumane items
• Shows on the Plaza Stage including Midwest Search Dogs and our Round of Ap-paws Ceremonies presented by Ceva Animal Health
• Explore the Colts In Motion exhibit, featuring interactive displays and information on the Indianapolis Colts, past and present!
• Appearances by the Indianapolis Indians‘ Rowdie, Indianapolis Colts‘ Blue, Butler Blue II and Blue III, and IUPUI‘s Jawz
• Demonstrations by the Indy Dog & Disc Club
• Indy food trucks The NY Slice and The Flying Cupcake’s Petunia, and a pet food truck provided by Purina Chef Michael’s
• Food and beverage sales by the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
10:45am // Opening ceremonies (Track Stage)
• Grand Marshals from The Bert Show, broadcast on Indy’s i94: Bert, Kristin, and Jeff
• Honorary co-chairs Kalen Irsay of the Indianapolis Colts and Graham Rahal of Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
• WISH-TV representatives Steve Bray, Debby Knox, and Brooke Martin
• Welcome message from IndyHumane CEO John Aleshire
• Harrison College’s sponsor’s welcome and scholarship announcement with college president Dr. Jason Konesco
• Dee Hilligoss sings “Back Home Again in Indiana” and returning favorite Jennie DeVoe sings “The Star Spangled Banner”
11:00am // Mutt Strut begins!
You do not need to be present at 11:00am to walk the track — it’s a rolling start!
2:00pm // Last walkers enter the track
3:00pm // Track is closed to walkers
3:30pm // Mutt Strut 2013 ends
10:00am // Midwest Search Dogs demonstration
11:00am // Pendleton Correctional Facility K9 Unit
11:30am // Midwest Search Dogs demonstration
12:00pm // Round of Ap-paws Ceremony #1 presented by Ceva Animal Health, featuring Bert Weiss from The Bert Show heard on Indy’s i94
12:30pm // Pendleton Correctional Facility K9 Unit
1:00pm // Learn to Speak Dog, presented by IndyHumane Canine Training School
1:30pm // Round of Ap-paws Ceremony #2 presented by Ceva Animal Health and announcement of the winner of the Top Dog 2014 Contest!
2:00pm // Dog Training 101 presented by IndyHumane Canine Training School
10:00am // 12:00pm // 1:00pm | Each performance will last 30-45 minutes
**Schedule is updated often, so please continue to check back for the most up-to-date schedule of events**
HONORARY CO-CHAIR KALEN IRSAY
Kalen Irsay is entering her first season with the Indianapolis Colts as Vice Chair/Owner. She joined the team in June of 2010 as vice president and, along with sisters Carlie and Casey, represents the next generation of Colts ownership. Like her sisters, Kalen grew up with the Colts organization as a significant part of her life. She graduated with honors in 2010 from Indiana University’s School of Health, Physical Education and Recreation with a bachelor’s degree in sports management and marketing, making the dean’s list three semesters. She is president of the Indianapolis Colts Women’s Organization and has also represented the team at NFL Owner’s Meetings.
HONORARY CO-CHAIR GRAHAM RAHAL
Graham Rahal grew up attending racetracks around the world with his father, 1986 Indianapolis 500 winner Bobby Rahal. He cut his teeth in karting and moved up the formula ranks. In 2008, a victory at St. Petersburg — in his IndyCar Series debut made him the youngest winner in major open-wheel racing history. He joined forces with his father’s team — Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing — for the 2013 season. Rahal graduated from New Albany (Ohio) High School in 2007 despite missing more than 50 days of school his senior year because of racing. He likes to work on cars, restoring a 1964 Mini Cooper for his senior class project.
GRAND MARSHALS: THE BERT SHOW
“The Bert Show” began on Atlanta’s Q100 in 2001 and syndicated into Indianapolis and Nashville the past two and a half years. Bert is the host of the morning show that airs from 5 am-10 am each day on i94 and is supported by Kristin and Jeff as they go about solving listener relationship problems, sharing celebrity news, and helping children in need annually through “Bert’s Big Adventure,” giving chronic and terminally ill children a chance to experience their fondest wish. All three are pet lovers. Bert is the proud owner of two dogs. Kristin also has two dogs, Parker Jones and Leeroy Brown, and she supports her area rescue shelters. And, Jeff adopted Sadie from the Humane Society in Atlanta last year. Their passion for animal adoption and rescue is part of their personal mission.
EMCEES JONI MICHELS AND NIKKI
Nikki is the Afternoon DJ on 104.5 WJJK each weekday and takes listeners home from work. Nikki has been on WJJK since 2007 and her ratings show that she is a listener favorite! Nikki is a lifetime supporter of animal shelters and rescue organizations, including Indy Humane. Growing up an only child, her best friends and “brothers” were ‘Lobo’ the St. Bernard and ‘Frank’ the Beagle. She truly believes that pets complete families.
Joni Michels is well known as a radio and TV personality in the Indianapolis market. Her role on WRWM is that of Traffic reporter, as well as one of our personalities that is involved in after hours events for the radio station. A pet advocate and animal lover, Joni has 3 shelter animals from the Humane Society of Indianapolis and says she gets pure joy from being a “pet mom”. Joni was an original co-host & producer of the independently produced “Pet Pals TV” and started out her broadcast career working with kids and animals.